Social Bookmarking and SERP rankings
Social Bookmarking, a part of Social Media Optimization or Web 2.0 marketing, has become one of the important tools in search engine results page (SERP) ranking. It involves saving the website URL or bookmarks on social bookmarking sites such as Digg, Slashdot, Delicious and so on. These bookmarks can be accessed by anyone, from anywhere. You can store the bookmarks, tag them and share them with like-minded people. Social Bookmarking greatly improves the SERP rankings by building backlinks and directing traffic to the website.
Why Social Bookmarking is important for SERP ranking
Social Bookmarking helps improve the visibility of your website through higher SERP rankings because:
- It gets you backlinks.
- It brings in global users and increases the traffic.
- It promotes the website and makes it popular.
- It creates a brand image for the website or business as millions of users share your link.
- Users can view the bookmarks by categories, tags or search engines.
- Some sites offer other additional services like rating, adding notes, commenting, feed subscription etc.
- The page gets indexed quickly in search engines.
- Keywords can be listed in the tags to get better rankings for them.
All these factors assist in advancing the SERP rankings of your website through links and user votes.
- Showcase interesting facts to attract and stimulate readers. Add creative words and information to make your bookmarks and posts inviting.
- Pick your category with care. Choose websites that have the specific categories you want and which do not have overcrowded categories.
- Choose a social bookmarking website that offers links and additional services like voting, comment, and so on.
- Bookmark manually. You are the best person to bookmark your own website.
- Do not abuse social bookmarking. Do not submit every page of the website. Bookmark pages that have useful and engaging content.
- Communicate with the users actively to make the most of social bookmarking. This personalized approach will greatly benefit your website or online business.
- Avoid being a “self promoter” by bookmarking only your website. Instead promote other websites regularly while surfing.
If you can utilize Social Bookmarking in the right manner, it has the potential to influence the SERP rankings of your post or website.